Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The shape of things to come

Right, so I can't write pithy "here is this thing I found on the net today" posts or do the meta blogging thing where you post a one liner about another interesting weblog every day. You may notice that my entries tend to be a little more verbose. I really can't write short paragraphs for some reason! Stuff just needs to be said it seems but it does take me a little longer to say it! Such that I tend to get bogged down (or blogged down even!) and not complete posts in a hurry and I haven't published any of the 25 or so entries I have part finished on my blogger dashboard thingy... Anyhoo... Here is the plan, I intend on posting at least one article a week (we'll see how long that lasts!) starting today with my Firefox follow-up.

The content of the articles will vary somewhat and tend to be a braindump of something I have on my mind. I really hope some folk out there find my ramblings of interest (you sad bastards) So without further ado, here is the menu of stuff that will be coming up in the weeks to follow:
  • 1% of the ways the iPod is so cool and 100% of the ways it isn't! - A summation of iPod phenom and the single most annoying thing about it.

  • 5 Golden Rules for a New Age Gadget Freak - A kind of follow up on an earlier post but with some lessons learned about gadget obsession and how to make it work for you. A timely piece with Microsoft announcing their origami or Ultra Mobile PC project recently which is a good example for the article.

  • How not to look at the stars or A beginners guide to buying a telescope - Apart from watching tech trends and playing with computers, I have one other geeky hobby... Astronomy. This article is aimed at the hobbyist like me who has yet to buy something for looking at the stars. When I was looking to buy I had some good advice and some advice I didn't believe. This is my experience to pass on.

  • Coding for fun not food - An article about me learning to program C# (properly!) and whether or not it would be good job option.

  • From Stones to Silicon - An article about Human Computer Interaction (HCI). I know sounds boring but its actually an attempt to explain why I believe devices like Tablet PC's don't work.

  • The Internet's Cosmic Treasure Trove - If you are into star gazing (as I am sometimes) there is a wealth of resources on the net which can assist you in your hobby. This article goes over the best tools and toys for the amateur astronomer I have found so far. And they are mostly free!

  • It's Only a Theory! - A rant about one of my pet peeves. You'll have to wait and see!

  • The Enigma and the Blue Gene - A look at some important milestones and people who made a mark in the history of the digital computer.
  • Revolution - " Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." - John F. Kennedy. My first and maybe only political post. Haven't decided if I want to lace this web log with politics yet, but this one is quite good in my humble opinion!

  • Rudiments Rule - How to learn stuff or why I can't I be instantly good at everything. Kind of relates back to the Coding for Fun not Food article in a round-a-bout way.
Well that's about it! I can't promise I'll finish any of them, but as I said I am going to try and knock out at least one a week... ummm.... Except next week because I am going Snowboarding in France... But I'll try and finish another one this week as a consolation!

If anyone actually cares (or even bloody reads this rubbish!) and has a preference which article they'd like to see first, pop a comment on this post and I'll see what I can do. I think the iPod one will be the first cab off the rank at this stage.

Check back in a day or so to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home